Sat, May 07|
May Fair 2022
We are so excited to celebrate the return of Spring with May Fair 2022!
Time & Location
May 07, 2022, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
Pittsburgh, 201 S Winebiddle St, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
About the Event
May Fair is our annual festival and fundraiser that ritually welcomes Spring and celebrates the spirit in which Waldorf schools nourish and support our connection to nature and the seasonal cycles.
May Fair 2022 will be held on May 7 from 11am–3:00pm at the school.
Tickets will be sold in advance for $6.
All beloved May Fair activities will be held outside including the making of May crowns and fairy gardens. We are excited to include a few new crafts—tie-dying and a collaborative full-community weaving project, to name a few!
Rain or shine, there will be music, games, a toy raffle, and outdoor play space for young children.
The May Fair Bake Sale will be back! Bring a blanket and set up for a picnic on the Heartwood Annex lawn. Food trucks will be on campus making a variety of lunch options avaiable for purchase.
Schedule of Entertainment
- 1:00pm: May Pole Dancing (in front of school)
- 1:00–3:00pm: Face Painting (Heartwood Annex Lawn)
- 1:30–2:30pm: Teaching Artist performance (Heartwwod Annex Stage)
- 2:45pm: Raffle Drawing (Heartwood Annex Stage)
Ticketing & Discounts
- Pre-purchase via PayPal or credit card; no walk-ins
- $6 per person; $24 maximum per family
- Families of 5 use code FAMILYOF5 for discount
- Families of 6 use code FAMILYOF6 for discount
- May Fair will be held rain or shine.
COVID-19 Precautions and Procedures:
- In keeping with WSP Health and Safety guidelines, masks are not required for outdoor on-campus activities; however, mask are required for any indoor activies.
- We have a parking variance for the day, so you are free to park on Evaline, Coral and Winebiddle Streets without worries of getting a ticket.
Do you need a gift for Mother’s Day? Father’s Day? A Special Friend or Yourself? Do your Spring shopping at May Fair! This year we will welcome:
- Olive & Marlowe, a woman-owned business (WSP parent Heather Cramer), which features small batch, artistinal olive oils and vinegars which are sourced from small groves and mills in California.
- Our very own Sarah Banach's will again offer lovely handmade products for purchase.
- Rootspring Farm will be on hand selling beautiful flowers, eggs, grapevine wreaths, and candle holders
- The 8th grade will be holding a plant sale to raise funds for their upcoming final class trip.
- Last but not least, show your school spirit and support the 7th grade fundraiser by purchasing WSP Merchandise! Back by popular demand—throwback sweatshirts and those extra soft t's!
May Fair 2022